Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

festivus

This weekend, like many in New Orleans, there were festivals to keep my spirits up while Ben was busy. This one, however, marked the first one that I have been to where it wasn't too hot to enjoy it, and it wasn't too chilly either. It was just perfect outside for a day of live music, pups, and beer.
Saturday was Nola on Tap- An event put on by the Bulldog (bar/restaurant) and the LSPCA to benefit the LSCPA. Ben was busy until the afternoon but then we got to go together! The festival had free live music by a band that I really like- Johnny Sketch and the Dirty Notes! They also touted more than 200 brews- and you could get a tasting for $1! Once again, all moneys going to help rescue nola's dogs and cats.



Jim Hart's "singing oak"
$1 for a kiss!

Sunday Ben was busy studying for block two exams and I went for a bike ride thinking I was headed to Audubon park. Instead I stopped when I heard music and smelled yummy smells. Right on my path all of a sudden was a festival! This was the Magazine Street Blues Festival to benefit the police. I got to see another two great band this day too!
great local businesses
basil, tomato, mozzerella crepe
Beaucoup Nola Snoball!! The only one made with fresh juice- not syrup!
fun for kids!

2 comments:

  1. Okay I was done for when I saw the puppy at the kissing booth. HOW CUTE IS THAT. I want to go tot hat festival with Cassius. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's a festival for everyone here! and nola is a super dog-friendly city, everyone has one.

    ReplyDelete