Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, February 3, 2011

the world keeps on spinning

bird at Audubon Park last weekend
Ch-ch-ch-changes would probably be the theme of my life in 2010. Now it seems it's following me in to 2011.

This past Monday, after carrying around my formal written resignation for a month, I finally quit my job! Instead of feeling afraid that next month I won't be able to pay my bills or that the horrible feeling of being home every day alone is going to start up again I just felt relieved. I do not like to quit things so I made myself stick it out and gave my best every day for three months until I decided that I could not continue with that organization. Of course I would love to write about all of the ridiculous and even horrendous policies and daily problems going on at my job. But, I wouldn't do that to a company just to whine. I have given my two weeks in a very professional manner and I will leave there on good terms.

Which means, in two weeks I'm jobless! I have had some wonderfully exciting ideas about where I would like to see my career go next. Both ideas are very different from what I've been doing. Both are also very scary in that there is a huge possibility that I will spend a lot of time, effort, and money and fail.

Someone recently asked me, what would you do if you knew you couldn't fail. And I know I would definitely do these two things. So, I suppose I have to jump in and make some big changes! While I'm still terrified I hope that my excitement and passion will power me through to meet my new goals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment