Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lemony Coconut Date Treats



I never follow recipes. I just can't bring myself to do it. Measuring things out and having to make sure everything goes in at the right time is just not for me. I always glance at one to get an idea and then do things my way. So when I saw how easy this lemon treats recipe from Whole Foods was I was excited that I could just throw all the ingredients into a food processor and voila, which is actually following the recipe! 

Now, you may not find a simpler recipe. Just chop some dates. Throw them in a food processor with lemon juice, sesame seeds, walnuts, some lemon zest and bam you're done. Roll them in coconut. Or don't. The sesame seeds in this are soo good, if you like sesame seeds the way I do. 

You can even shape them into hearts! Which I did, with one of my fondant cutters.

I am working on creating a recipe for some kind of energy ball/bar/treat for Ben and the boys. They're so active and sometimes forget to eat properly. I'm thinking peanut butter will have to go in there. The rest is still coming along. For now, these super easy but yummy lemon coconut date treats will have to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment