Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, August 25, 2011

goodbye home


When I go "home" to Greenwich, CT I go to my grandparent's house. Pretty soon i'll be taking a short weekend vacation so that we can have a big family party and bid the house adieu. It's pretty crazy. If it had happened while I lived in Boston I might've gone a little nuts, but contrary to what my grandmother believes, living on our own in the south has toughened me up a little. I'm not at all happy about it. But, I'm glad that they are making the right choice for themselves. 



I decided to flip through my old photos to find some of the house that we're saying goodbye to. I'll also take some while I'm there :)
October 2008- studying outside
December 2008- table set for dinner. looks like crab or lobster salad appetizers. and lots of wine.
June 2009- the boys in the 'cuzzi
December 2009- decorated for Christmas
Ah, it's too much for me. I'm gonna stop. But, I'll get some nice ones while I'm there and I'll try to remember that it's about the people and fun times and not the location- although this is a super nice location.

4 comments:

  1. So nice with the Christmas tree all set up by wall of windows..I love that you get to look out to snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls! My grandma loves taking care of it cleaning and decorating. It is especially nice that it fits all of our family when we go for visits. We don't get snow down here in New Orleans so i'm hoping to get back up there for Christmas and have a white one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine how hard this is for your family. I'm going to miss the house and I've only been there twice before! It's definitely a beautiful home with lots of wonderful memories for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete